SC&RA 2020 Annual Conference Canceled
March 18, 2020 - The SC&RA board of directors has voted to cancel the 2020 Annual Conference scheduled for April 14-18 in Amelia Island. Based upon the developments of the past few weeks, and looking beyond the business and logistic issues, their top priority is protecting the health and safety of their members and staff.
In a statement, the board said, "Rest assured, internally, we have been working to make sure your reservations and registrations will be refunded in the most efficient manner. Here is what you can expect as an attendee, exhibitor or sponsor:
- Your reservation with the OMNI Amelia Island will be canceled automatically; there is no need to contact the hotel or us. You will receive an email folio of any refunds within the next two to three weeks.
- Your conference registration fee will be refunded to you in full.
Your exhibit fee will be refunded to your company in full.
Your sponsorship dollars for the event(s) at the annual conference will be refunded to you.
Fete En Blanc Fundraiser and Booze & Bites Tour
- If you purchased a ticket for the Booze & Bites Tour, you will be refunded in full.
- If you purchased a ticket for the Fête En Blanc fundraiser, you have the option of transferring your ticket purchase to a 100% tax deductible donation to the SC&RF (Specialized Carriers & Rigging Foundation). For a note from the Ladies Group Chair, Kimberly Kitchen, click here. Please contact Jackie Roskos with your decision to provide a donation or request a refund.
- If you donated to the SC&RF upon registration, your donation is appreciated.
Association Business (Meetings/Awards/Governance)
Over the next few weeks, staff will be determining ways to virtually conduct and execute committee meetings, award recognition, board of director and governing committee elections, and the Job of the Year competitions. Some of these may happen over the same dates (April 14-18) originally scheduled for the Annual Conference or in the months following."
The release continued, "The board of directors has examined the financial impact this cancellation may have on the association and has determined that this course of action is necessary. Please know we are doing everything in our power to minimize any losses. The good news is that the Association has a healthy reserve for the very purpose to weather these unexpected events.
We ask for your patience as we process a large number of registration refunds. We will do our best to work as efficiently as possible. We will continue to keep you updated by email, social media and our website.
Most importantly, I encourage you to be safe and practice social distancing now through the next few weeks. Our motto is 'Our Members Lift & Move the World,' and I have no doubt that if we do our part, we can impact the spread of this virus and be stronger, physically, emotionally and financially."