Check out our 2024 Corporate Sustainability Report!

Crane Hot Line

Ritchie Bros. Rocky Mountain Auction Hits US$40 Million



Aug. 18, 2021 - Ritchie Bros. reports that its Rocky Mountain regional auction in early August sold more than 3,900 items, including a 300-USt crawler crane, from sites in Denver, Colorado; Salt Lake City, Utah; and Williston, North Dakota.

Combined, the auctions sold US$40 million as more than 9,900 people from 62 countries registered for the Aug. 4–5 event.

About 91% of the assets bought by U.S. bidders. The other 9% went to international buyers from as far away as Australia, Israel, and Vietnam.

"We had a lot of happy customers after this auction. Sellers got great prices and buyers filled out their fleets for summer and fall work," said Chad Apland, regional sales manager, Ritchie Bros.

Five Big Sellers:

  • 2001 Manitowoc 2250 300-ton self-erecting crawler crane – US$475,000

  • 2016 Tesmec TRS1075 crawler bucket wheel trencher – US$275,000

  • 2012 Caterpillar D8T crawler tractor – US$225,000

  • 2014 Peterbilt 367 tri-drive hydro vac truck – US$200,000

  • 2018 Dragon 9500-gallon tri-axle lead tank trailer – US$130,000

Ritchie Bros. will sell more than 35,000 equipment items and trucks in its upcoming events, including a Houston, TX auction on August 24 – 26; an Orlando, FL auction on September 2 – 3; and a Southeast Regional auction on September 9 - 10. The company also has weekly featured online auctions at and a daily reserved option with Marketplace-E.



Crane Hot Line is part of the Catalyst Communications Network publication family.