Scanrecoâ€™s Feature-Rich Rocket Flex Transmitter Offers OEMs Easy Customization for Mobile Applications
June 12, 2018 - The Scanreco Rocket Flex Transmitter offers OEMs a wide range of digital control functions and operator feedback options. Designed for heavy usage, the Rocket Flex delivers 120 hours of continuous operation before charging. The handheld transmitter is ideal for mobile applications including: cranes, winches, tailgates, agricultural and forestry machinery, augers, conveyors, and more.
The Rocket Flex offers a high degree of flexibility and customization. The transmitter has 14 one- or two-step pushbuttons and allows for customization of the front label by combining symbols and text. Buttons can be configured to be momentary, latching or interlocking. Each button can be assigned to any receiver output, and to several outputs at once if so desired. A shift feature duplicates the functionality of each button. The optional graphic display and five standard LEDs, which are used for feedback from the receiver, are also programmable.
Automatic frequency management allows for continuous work without interruptions caused by radio interference from other wireless equipment. The transmitter communicates with the corresponding receiver using a Scanreco protocol and a unique identity code. This guarantees that no other transmitter – from Scanreco or another manufacturer – can unintentionally activate the machine. In cases where an extended operating range is required, an extra Rocket Flex or Pocket Transmitter can act as a repeater for the radio link.
Rocket Flex highlights include:
- 14 one- or two-step pushbuttons
- Feedback to 5 light-emitting diodes
- Optional graphic display with feedback
- Stop function in accordance with EN ISO 13849-1 cat. 3, PL d – a legally binding standard for safety-critical components of control systems
- Operational time: ≤ 120 hours without display, ≤ 40 hours with display
- External holder and battery charger
- Frequency band: 2.4 GHz
- Operating range > 100m / > ~330 ft.
- Operational temperature: -25°C to +55°C / ~ -15°F to + 130°F
- Protection category: IP65